Correspondence Management Division administers the correspondence management policies and processes designed to efficiently and effectively capture and preserve unclassified and classified documents for the Secretary and Deputy Secretary of Defense.
- Establish and maintain policies and procedures for managing unclassified and classified correspondence.
- Provide guidance for preparing and submitting Secretary and Deputy Secretary of Defense correspondence.
- Control, assign action, collect tracking data, and prepare status reports for Secretary and Deputy Secretary of Defense incoming correspondence.
- Provide archive, research and retrieval services for Secretary and Deputy Secretary of Defense correspondence.
- U. S. Code 44 Chapter 36 Federal Code of Regulations;
- DoDD 5015.2, “DoD Records Management Program”
- DoD 5110.4-M, “Manual for Written Material”
- Historical Precedence
- Current Administration Guidance