2010 GLOBAL MARITIME INFORMATION SHARING SYMPOSIUM
"Charting the Course for MDA: Partnering with Industry"
14 - 16 September 2010
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
CANUS Interagency Maritime Domain Awareness Forum
Working to Make Tanker Terminals Safer
Port Security Perspective
- Mr. Bud Frank, Director of Security, Maryland Port Administration
"International Maritime Safety & Security Exchange: A Promising Business Model for Global Maritime Safety & Security",
MDA TOWN HALL MEETING
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
BREAKFAST SPEAKER: TECHNOLOGIES FOR PORT SECURITY
OCEAN LAW & POLICY
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
- LCDR Alejandro Ameneiro, Spanish Foreign Liaison Officer, Spanish Navy, "Multi-National, Inter-Agency Information Sharing in the Extended Maritime Environment (MISA-EM)"
- Mr. George "Guy" Thomas, USCG, Science &Technology Advisor, "Use of Commercial Satellites for Increased MDA: TEXAS IV, C-Sigma"
- Dr. John Mittleman, Naval Research Laboratory, "State of the Art on Maritime Systems"
REGIONAL & GLOBAL COLLABORATIVE MDA
A PROCESS FOR CHANGE: IMPROVING INFORMATION SHARING FROM THE PORT UP
- Ms. Wendy Walsh, Naval PostGraduate School, "Maritime Information Sharing Task Force Update"
- CPT Mike Goldsmith, Norfolk Police Department, "Informal Information Sharing in the Maritime Domain - A Norfolk Perspective"
- Ms. Candice Wright, Long Beach Police Department, "Promoting Collaboration & Information Sharing Between Local Maritime Stakeholders"
- Mr. John Veentjer, Marine Exchange of Puget Sound, "The Role of Maritime Exchanges in Information Sharing - Challenges & Best Practices"
Thursday, September 16, 2010
BREAKFAST SPEAKER: MARITIME SECURITY SECTOR REFORM
REPORT OF WORKING GROUP FINDING BY GROUP FACILITATIONS