DTIC Form 55 Instructions for release of Limited Document
DTIC Form 55 provides DTIC Users a process to request a document that falls outside of their distribution limitations. Form 55 requests require review and approval for release by the document's Release Authority (typically the originating agency). DTIC is not the Release Authority for any document within its collection.
- 1. Each request must be completed on a separate Form 55.
- 2. Sections I, II, and III are required.
- 3. Section IV is optional; please complete if the information is available.
- 4. Contractors and Grantees are required to complete the Contractors Only portion of Section I
- 5. User Routing block is optional; for your organization’s internal control purposes only.
- 6. To help expedite your request, provide a detailed explanation of your need for the document. Include appropriate contract information and explain need-to-know in Section III.
- 7. For assistance contact DTIC at 703-767-8273, DSN 427-8273, or email REGHelp@dtic.mil.
Please note: The electronic version of Form 55 is currently unavailable. Please use the PDF version.
Form 55 PDF Version
Instructions on how to submit Form 55 PDF request:
- 1. Open PDF form.
- 2. Complete the form online and save.
- 3. Attach the PDF to an email with the Subject line "Form 55 Request".
- 4. Email form to REGHelp@dtic.mil.