Security and Privacy Notice
Disclaimer for External Links
The appearance of external hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the United States Department of Defense of
the linked web sites, or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities
such as Office of Technology Transition sites, the United States Department of Defense does not exercise any editorial
control over the information you may find at these non-DoD locations.
Please let us know about existing external links which you believe are inappropriate and about specific additional
external links which you believe ought to be included please contact us.
Privacy and Security Notice
- The HPT&B Website is provided as a public service by the
Office of the Director, Defense Research and Engineering.
- Information presented on the HPT&B Website is considered public information and may be distributed or copied unless
otherwise specified. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested.
- For site management, information is collected for statistical purposes. This government computer system uses
software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information
is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance
or problem areas.
- For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer
system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change
information, or otherwise cause damage.
- Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or
their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in
accordance with National Archives and Records Administration guidelines.
- Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may
be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection
- Cookie Disclaimer - the HPT&B Website does not use persistent cookies (persistent tokens that pass information back
and forth from the client machine to the server). HPT&B may use session cookies (tokens that remain active only
until you close your browser) in order to make the site easier to use. The Department of Defense DOES NOT keep a
database of information obtained from these cookies. You can choose not to accept these cookies and still use the
site, but it may take you longer to fill out the same information repeatedly and clicking on the banners will not
take you to the correct link. Refer to the help information in your browser software for instructions on how to
Web Policies and other Information for DoD Webmasters
The information for Web Policies and for Military Webmasters is posted on DefenseLINK that you can view by clicking
Documents on the HPT&B Website and other military websites are made available in several formats, based on a combination of
factors, including the format of the original document, whether the look of the original document needed to be
preserved, the availability of visitors to open different formats, and accessibility for those with physical
limitations. This does not constitute endorsement of one commercial product over another. Note our disclaimer
for external links.