Medical Research & Engineering
Ensure that the DoD's medical R&E program is coordinated across the Components and optimally prioritized to expediently deliver world class
medical care for the warfighter from the point of injury through the recovery, rehabilitation and re-integration phases of medical care.
Maintain a working knowledge/awareness of current issues, progress and state-of-the-science in the militarily-relevant disciplines of emergency
medicine, trauma, surgery, rehabilitation, epidemiology of injury and disease toward the goal of identifying capability gaps and tracking progress
toward closing those gaps within the Department's RDT&E community and in collaboration with the civilian R&D community.
- Executive Secretary of the Armed Services Biomedical Research Evaluation and Management (ASBREM) Committee and Chair of
- Interagency coordination (National Science Foundation, Institute of Medicine, Office of Science Technology and Policy, Food & Drug
Administration, Veteran's Administration).
- DoD representative on the Microbe Project Interagency Working Group of (NSTC).
- Participate in Component medical review panels (Congressionally Directed Medical Research Program (CDMRP), Telemedicine
Advanced Technology Research Center (TATRC), Board member Biotechnology High Performance Computing Software Applications
- Advisory Board Member for DARPA's Micro/Nano Fluidics Fundamentals Focus (MF3) Center.
- ASD(R&E)/RD rep for AHLTA and TMIP-J and Electronic Health Record MAIS programs focusing on TRAs.
- Review SBIR medical topics.
- Perform other medically-related direct replies, medically related CFIUS case reviews, coordination of medically related Directives,
Instructions and DTM's.
No Fear Act